Thursday, May 12, 2011

Weekend Fun

I honestly have to say that I had a great Mother's Day!  Daughter #2 has recently moved into her own home and decided to have a get-together to celebrate Mother's Day.  I believe it was the first time in... well, I won't say how many years, but alot will do, that I did not have a function at my home.  Typically, go figure, all the girls with kiddies and hubbie in tow would come to my house for a BBQ.  I was pleasantly surprised when Daughter #2 asked me if I wouldn't mind if she did the BBQ this year!  YAY!  A real Mother's Day where I wasn't the one doing all of the work.  It turned out that she did a crawfish boil instead but hey, all I had to do was go and enjoy! 

Now, I've told y'all before that there is always drama in my home.  When I say my home, I don't literally mean in my house.  I mean within my family, more specifically with my girls.  Enter Drama!  Daughter #1 decides that she also wants to have a get together at her place.  No problem.  Go early to #2's place, eat crawfish, spend some time with grandbugs then head over to #1's place.  NOT.  You see, I know #1 too well.  I have to watch the clock while I am at #2's place to see just how long I've stayed there so that I can spend the equal amount of time at #1's.   D#1 called while I was by D#2's to make sure I was still coming.  Of course I am.  I will be there in about an hour.  Thank goodness they live near each other and I didn't have to go far to get to her place.

So I spend two hours, tops--I swear, at D#2's, say our good-byes, pack up D#3, 4, & 5 and head to D#1's.  Having just eaten crawfish, I figured just spending time with other grandbugs would be fun.  When we arrive there, she has BBQ'd chicken, hamburgers and hot dogs sitting on the table ready to eat.  I told her that maybe D#4 would eat (she's not partial to crawfish) but the rest of us were fine.  She asked if I wanted to take some home, to which of course I accepted.  We were there for a little over an hour and I could see D#4 & D#5 were wearing down.  With school the next day, I told them to get ready we would go ahead and go.  D#1 was not going to let that happen!  "You stayed longer by D#2's than you did here---why do you want to leave?" 

It was the aha moment!!  There it is!  The point where you know that you know your kids a little too well.  Something told me that was coming.  Then she broke out temptation.  A weakness I have.  Filet!  Hot off the pit.  Seems she knows me as well as I know her.  D4 & 5 and I dove into the steak like we hadn't had a thing all day to eat.  Needless to say I wound up spending my two hours with D#1 and family anyway!

My moral of this story?  Shit on this shit!!  Next year, I'm having Mother's Day at my house!!   See ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment