Saturday, July 2, 2011

Monthly Writer Moment

So June seemed to slip by without me noticing.  Too much of the drama interferes with my commitment to my blog.  For this session of writing I have chosen to pose a question.  If you have read any of my blogs, you may have noticed that I love exclamation points!!!  Here's the question:  What is your favorite punctuation mark?

I actually have two and love to use them expressively!  The first, of course, is the exclamation.  It says so much, don't you think.  I use it for surprise, shock, happiness and mostly to express that particular sentence with a did-you-catch-that kinda punch.  Ex:  My daughter made Color-guard at her school!!!  I'm excited, thrilled, happy, proud and boasting all in one sentence using exclamations to shout about her achievement.  I luvs being expressive!!

My second favorite is the ... (dot-dot-dot)  Why?  I'm not really sure.  I think it's because it kinda leaves ya hangin.  It's open to leave you to decide what your thoughts are after the ...   I like the wondering, the what was he/she gonna say?  The where did he/she mean to say?  Is this gonna end good or bad?  Does it do that for you?  I like that it leaves you, the reader, to guessing and prompts you to read on.  Recently, (and I'm a sucker for reality TV) the ... was used to end a relationship on the Bachlorette.  The lying shithead left the show telling her let's not end this with a period, let's see how things go with you and the rest of the guys and we'll keep our relationship open with a dot-dot-dot.  Naturally, she had fallen for the guy and continued to believe that there may be more to them because of his comment; leaving the rest of the guys hangin.  What a douch!!! (notice exclamations)  You get the idea of what a ... can do!  What else was she suppose to think!

So there it is.  My two favorite punctuation marks!  I sometimes have to contain myself while writing, of course, but in my e-mails, blogs or chats, you will very often find my !!!!  and ...  appearing everywhere.  Favorites anyone???  (Question mark coming in close third)                       See ya soon!

2 comments:

  1. The exclamation point is my favorite too! I use it quite often. I just can't help myself! (See? ;)

    ReplyDelete